- 1st Base: Get started
Work with your school administration to approve your participation in the program. Once approved, simply register your team online at RallyfortheJimmyFund.org, set fundraising and recruitment goals, and customize your team’s online fundraising page.
- 2nd Base: Recruit teammates
Encourage classmates, faculty, administrators, family, and friends to join your team by giving $10 or more to the Jimmy Fund through your team’s online fundraising page. Create goals and incentives for your team members. Don’t forget to send letters explaining the program to your classmates.
Remember: anyone can join your Rally team, even those who are not students or faculty, so think big and ask all your friends to participate!
- 3rd Base: Fundraise
Here are a few creative fundraising ideas and activities to reach your goal:
*All events must be reviewed and approved by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute before moving forward. Please contact RallyfortheJimmyFund@dfci.harvard.edu or call 617-582-7724 to discuss your fundraising ideas and event-related plans with the Jimmy Fund.
- Hold a 5K run/walk, bake sale, themed dance, battle of the bands, fitness class, fashion show, bowl-a-thon, date auction, networking social, or movie night on campus or at a local venue. All guests pay an entrance fee at the door with 100% of the proceeds to go directly toward your team total. You’d be surprised how many venues will donate space and food to support your cause!
- Set up a table in a high-traffic area of your school. Ask everyone who walks by to make a contribution to your Rally team. With permission, you can do this at the entrance of your dining hall, and ask the chef to prepare a Red Sox-themed menu with hot dogs, pretzels, peanuts, and Cracker Jacks.
- Ask local businesses to donate items that can be used as participation incentives, opportunity drawing prizes, or for a charitable auction. You can also ask your school to donate a prime parking spot, dining dollars, or ticket(s) to a campus concert or other event.
- Work with your school to post an announcement about your Rally team on the website, school flyer, or local newspaper to let everyone know about your Rally for the Jimmy Fund.
- Submit your "Why I Rally" story and share with friends, family, classmates, and co-workers. Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way. Sharing the personal reasons why you are rallying with others may inspire them to support your efforts.
- Home Run: Rock your Red Sox gear
Proudly dress for Sox-cess and wear your Red Sox gear to school on Opening Day at Fenway Park, in celebration of all monies raised in the fight against cancer! On behalf of all patients, families, and staff at Dana-Farber, we applaud you and sincerely thank you for Rallying for the Jimmy Fund!